1.7

My daughter was switching to a medtronics 530 pump with enlite sensor. She received it on July 3rd and wanted to train her on August 6 and start with saline a week later train with insulin.

I explained that my daughter leaving for college mid August and needed training earlier. She was trained on July 22 and the sensor alarmed all night with high bgs when low, vice versa and also kept alerting sensor errors. We changed sensor and 3 days later the same thing occurred. She changed sensor for 3 td time, same story!

She is an athlete and also found sensor uncomfortable (tried 3 different sites)and using pump required extra steps with inserting infusion as well as bolusing. Her current pump allows her to use a meter remote to bonus and Medtronic does not offer this feature. Daughter was very unhappy with this whole system and go back to old pump. Our insurance does not cover whole cost and our out of pocket cost is $2000.

We requested refund on August 7 and were denied because it's past 30 days. Well how can they justify this when they were unable to train her until 2 and a half weeks after receiving pump?! The 30 day return window should start at training date not before. So unhappy with customer service.

No rep called to ask questions about why we were unhappy.

The territory manager didn't even call us, he called the doctor to talk about it and she didn't know we returned yet. I'm so aggravated!

Product or Service Mentioned: Medtronic Insulin Pump.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Update!! The request was reconsidered and now allowing the return! Thank you to David Taylor the territory manager at medtronics!