I've been an RN for a long time, and am a Type I diabetic. After switching directly to Medtronic from a different supplier for Medtronic supplies due to change of insurance, I've had nothing but problems.

My Doctor sent orders in for supplies, but they never came. I called customer care, and they told me that the order was being processed through my insurance. Well, I called my insurance company several days later while using my very last pump set, and they never received a bill from Medtronic. Let's repeat that.

Medtronic never billed my insurance and failed to send my needed suppliesI had to get a spare set from my doctor and order pump sets paid for out of pocket because I ran out. Now I have a new 670 pump, but can't seem to get sensors. Why? They want to bill Tricare (VA) as my secondary insurance.

They didn't mention Tricare with my last order, and I don't use it as secondary insurance. Worse, when I called a week ago, I was told that the order was definitely going through. Worse than that, nobody contacted me in the first place to tell me that there was any issue with insurance or billing.

I had to contact Medtronic twice to find out that there was a problem. This insulin pump will be my last Medtronic unit of any kind.

Review about: Medtronic Shipping Service.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Pump itself is of decent quality.

I didn't like: Company horrible at billing and getting supplies to patients.

Comments