Review about Medtronic Synchromed Ii Infusion Pump from Carmichael, California
Ive dealt with back pain and spine conditions for 20+ years.I have multiple conditions, and have tried every option there is from physical therapy, steroid injections, medial beanch blocks and radio frequency ablation to name a few.
Ive been on pain meds since 2001. So when the pump was suggested to me it was truly a last option. I was on multiple meds and my goal for the pump was to eliminate that. I did not want to feel high.
What happened was much worse.
My morphine pump was implanted March 2013. The recovery was painful, and I was so high I wondered if I would ever come down. Within 3 months, I had to increase the dose.
This is standard for the pump I understand abd Im aware the body builds tolerance over time. But each time I got increased, I was in a fog for several days. During the next year I had it upped two more times, and then the memory issue became prevalent. I started to have memory problems, short term and long term recall.
I had a hard time concentrating, i was constantly restless. After 2 years, my pain was back to severe, and I had the same symptoms as alzheimers. I had to change my career, start taking more meds for the pain, spasms, nausea and depression. The depression came on like a fog.
And before i knew it I ceased all social interaction, stayed in bed all day and night and ended up losing my part time job I desperately needed to take care of my kids. I would take a customer's order, and within seconds the info would be gone. Erased from my brain. I started to express my frustrations and issues to my drs.
Of course it took month's but finally my pcp sent off the referral to see a neurologist because i truly thought something was wrong with my brain. I saw my pain mgmt dr, who did the implant and she suggested we try a new med. I didnt even know that was an option. So my morphine was removed from my pump, and dialudid was put in its place.
She could not remove the morphine in my cathetar though and explained the morphine would run out in 123 hours and then the dialudid would start. But when i went to work that night, I was so high I appeared drunk and Im 4 years on the wagon. I hallucinated while driving home. And then I slept, for a month.
The dialudid made me so tired, i couldn't stay awake. But hey I got my memory back! Which tells me even at a low dose, having the morphine pump for 2 1/2 years really screwed with my cognitive. I saw my pain mgmt again and started the process for extraction.
Currently on 7 different meds, my pump was lowered 87%. I was no longer able to use by bolus as the dosage of dialudid was a trickle. What I wasnt expecting was the severe withdrawel i went into. For over a week I was bedridden.
Unable to eat, sleep, constant diarrhea, shakes, sweats and so much anxiety. It was during this time I took myself off everything. Im now on week 3, and I can feel again. My memory has improved, Im no longer depressed and its clear to me how medicated I was.
My pain is severe, but thats something I will learn to live with, and am seeking a new dr and options. I have to go thru a 2 month *** of tapering off, so I can feel my pain 100% and make sure this is what I want. Ive wanted this for MONTHS. I just needed the strength to make it happen.
The pump is horrible. For me, a 38 year old single mom, having a brain is more important than my mobility. This pump took my life from me and mow Im piecing it back together.
I wouldnt suggest it to ANYONE.its not worth it.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Medtronic Synchromed Ii Infusion Pump
- Review category
- Health and Beauty
You May Also Like
- "I was signed on as a distributor by a person in my office who had access to my credit card and S S number. Thousands of dollars later I finally..."
- "This peel gave an allergic reaction: redness, swelling in the face, bumps. This is not a product I would EVER recommend to anyone! This was used exactly how it was..."
- "I purchased two human hair wigs on line from this company that advertises celebrity "hair -styled" wigs. I was aghast upon my receipt of these products after about a..."
- "SHOCKING DISHONESTY AND FALSE CLAIMS. I was never able to speak to a person. They were supposed to e-mail me when my phone was received and to give me a..."
- "I purchased Martha Stewart Living kitchen cabinets with Home Depot in Atascadero, CA in May 2014. The upper cabinets were white high gloss laminate called "Picket Fence". The original..."
- "So, I send my 2 balikbayan boxes on August 20th expecting to be in the Philippines around the first week of October. Instead LBC decided to keep my box sitting..."
- "...We paid $3,000 for an extended warranty so we wouldn't have to deal with any repairs. WELL, neither Keystone or Holiday World of Dallas will come to the RV park..."
- "I bought a Victoria Secret blanket from a girl named ac96 and She tried to make a lie up and won't refund my money, I want every fine back on..."
- "I contacted Owndoc.com customer service to solve my issue where i couldn't go through with my purchase. In these pictures you can see how badly this woman/alias called Sarah Vaughter..."