I had a major blow out in my back in Dec.2012, requiring surgery.

After the surgery the pain was still very bad and I started getting injections, my original neurosurgeon referred me to an anesthesia dr. to get epidural injections, they were somewhat effective. During this time I was introduced to MedTronics and the NeuroStimulator device, I did a trial and I though well maybe this will work and I won't have to take so much pain medication. You see I have permanent nerve damage and that is hard to treat, I've done everything out there to not take meds and nothing has been effective.

I got the permanent Neuro Stimulator implanted last Oct. 2014, it has never worked for me, the set me up with a neurosurgeon that was a nightmare, I filed a complaint against him, he was sadistic, they didn't turn the stimulator on for 2 weeks, I have tried for over 6 months to get the thing right for what I need it for, I've only been able to make contact with the reps 2 times in this past year, this thing cost over 90 thousand dollars and I don't even turn it on because it doesn't cover the area I need it to cover. I went back to my original neurosurgeon to ask if they will take it out, they won't and I won't return to the surgeon that put it in, the original neurosurgeon tried to get in touch with Medtronics and resolve this issue with me, they didn't return his calls, I have filed a complaint with medtronics, still have not heard from them. Now I am in this terrible position that I have this equipment in my back, this battery in my side, I was told a 1 inch incision in my back, a 2 inch incision in my side, I wound up with almost 8 inches of incision and no pain management, yep that is right I spent the night in the hospital in agony, couldn't move, puked every where and the nurses were so afraid to call the dr.

they just let me suffer.Medtronics and their reps need to be shut down, they just do everything half assed and show no care or concern for patients once their product is sold.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Medtronic. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Medtronic to "i want the thing removed and my insurance reimbursed".

The most disappointing in user's experience was neurosurgeon i was set up with to implant the device. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Medtronic medtronic neurostimulator for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Medtronic?

Comments

I have had a Medtronic Stimulator for over 10 years, 4 surgeries(to fix leads), 3 battery replacements!I've been seeking, for almost 2 years, to have this horrible contraption removed, it is not working and pressing on nerves that affect my arms, neck and lower back!

Removing this machine will give back quality of life and no more need for massive amounts of pain medication! I was diagnosed with RSD! Now, I have doctors deny the removal.....they didn't put it in, they won't remove it! I'm suffering beyond words!

No one is helping! Medtronic is a joke!

Calling is a waste of time!Help!!!!!